Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

taharka wrote:
How do,

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 05:54 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

Ed Greshko wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:

Yes, it is....

If yum fails during the download phase and you run it again it will
skip the
packages it has previously downloaded.

You presume each package can come down in one piece. I'm not, since
I know better. Downloading at 28Kbps means that even 1MB takes 5
minutes. KDE libs is 15Meg, for example.

Wow, your dial-up is that unstable that it can't download 15Meg in one
sitting?  You must end up doing a lot of "wget -c".

Not mine, my sister's. She lives in rural Georgia. And she has only
one phone line, so she also doesn't like to tie it up for long periods.
DSL is UNAVAILABLE in rural Georgia. Often, she doesn't even manage
14Kbps average download speed.

DSL is available in rural Georgia. My telco/ISP is Alltel/Windstream &

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that there is nowhere in rural
Georgia where DSL is available.

they are all over rural Georgia. Alltel/Windstream touts itself as a
rural telco. If your sister is interested in DSL, she should check with
Windstream.

The quality of the phone line where she lives will not support
DSL. She lives between Riceboro and Hinesville. She has attempted
to get DSL, but no supplier will do it where she lives. At least,
that's what she tells me. However, I will pass along the information.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.