Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Ed Greshko wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

First, one may not have reliable connections, so downloading an image
piece by piece using, say, wget -c is viable, while failing a yum
install isn't restartable.

Yes, it is....

If yum fails during the download phase and you run it again it will skip the
packages it has previously downloaded.

You presume each package can come down in one piece. I'm not, since
I know better. Downloading at 28Kbps means that even 1MB takes 5
minutes. KDE libs is 15Meg, for example.

Second, one may not have a large piece of disc to devote just to
downloading a huge ISO image, while one may be able to do 700MB pieces
one by one.

Others may occur to you.

I suppose one could sit around all day throwing up roadblocks to anything.

I suppose one could shrug off problems which affect
other people all day long as well.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.