Re: F7 install: grub prompt on reboot

On 6/5/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That sounds like you don't have the system root path specified correctly
on the kernel line.

e.g. kernel /vm........ ro root=LABEL=/

Where it's got "root=" the bit after it has to point to where / is found
on your drives (can be specified via a *unique* label, or device).

The label seems to be correct, ie, running "e2label /dev/sdc3" from
DVD rescue terminal returns "/".

I don't have any other OS partitions -- Linux or otherwise.

Just now I tried supplying the device name:

 kernel /vm........ ro root=/dev/sdc3

(the root partition as seen from the DVD), and

 kernel /vm........ ro root=root=/dev/sdd3

(the original device name), with the same results (kernel panic).

root is there. The rescue program sees it, mounts it as /mnt/sysimage,
and I can chroot to it. I just can't get Grub to find it.

Anyone have any other ideas?

TIA

--
 Colin Brace