Re: network monitoring

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:25:58 +0200
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wonder if that's ethical? Why do you need to access the chat data? Do you
> want to look into conversations?...

It's my understanding that many brokerages and other financial companies are
legally required to log and archive all of this, along with recording phone
calls and the like.

I assume this is to prevent anyone from saying, "But I told you on MSN that I
wanted you to sell that stock yesterday" after the bottom falls out.