Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Simon Andrews:
>>> 1) Download the DVD iso

Mike McCarty:
>> I've seen something similar suggested repeatedly, but you know,
>> it eats a lot of disc and requires repartitioning etc.

Ed Greshko:
> In this day and age you think 2.9GB is "a lot"?

Actually, it is quite a lot.  200 GB drives aren't the norm, not yet.

> And, why does it require repartitioning?

Wild guess:  The prior installation used one small partition (boot) and
one large partition (LVM).

These days, I do my own, normal, ext3 partitioning.  I have a "spare"
one that stays between installs for such things.  Another option is post
installation, you make your install space holding the ISO the /tmp
partition.

> They're making 4GB USB disks for less than USD 40 for crying out
> loud...unless you live in Australia I suppose.

:-)  I don't think I've actually seen one larger than 2 gigs, here, yet.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.