Re: F7 install: grub prompt on reboot

Colin Brace escribío:
> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded my FC6 system from the F7 DVD. Everything appeared to
> go well, but when I try to boot, the intial bootup sequence just drops
> me into a grub prompt.
>
> I booted the DVD with the rescue option. It mounted the F7 partition
> and I could verify that /boot/grub/menu.1st  appeared ok: it listed
> both the last FC6 kernel as well as the new 2.6.21 version. (I allowed
> the installer to upgrade the grub configuration).
>
> The MBR is in /dev/sda. F7 is on /dev/sdd. I don't have any other OSs
> install, so I am hoping fixing this will be easy and straightforward.
>
> Thanks for any help...

When I did my upgrade, there were two entries:

Fedora
Fedora-Base

(Or something very close)

The Fedora was pointing to a non existing FC6 kernel & initrd.  I selected the
second entry and was able to boot, but then had to change the menu.lst.

You might have to boot from the rescue disk.  It mounts the root filesystem as
sysimage.  Go in and check the menu.lst to verify it is correct.

--
Brian Millett - [ Delenn and Sinclair, "The Gathering"]
"Do you not have files on the Vorlons?"