Re: entry level information

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 13:44 -0400, Tom Freeman wrote:
> On 06/03/2007 01:20:00 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 17:46 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >
> > > One last thing - if you can find a Linux User Group near
> > you, join it.
> > > There's usually a good mix of conversation and beer :-)
> > They can be
> > > immensely helpful.
> >
> > That is really the very BEST advice that can be given.
> > Especially for
> > newbies who want to install, but could use a little
> > "oversight" into the
> > process. For the price of a pizza or two, you'll get a
> > crowd to assist!
> > Ric
> I'll second that, although the two user groups I've been
> associated with were short on beer (and pizza).

That's always the case, so think how appreciative they will be when you
show up with some goodies! I spent three solid days of smoking chicken
wings for the last RedHat Expo, in 1999, for the hot sauce eating
contest that I promoted. I reasoned that there was a correlation between
IQ and Hot Sauce tolerance. Mad Dog Hall brought his own spray can of
mace to flavor up his wings. What can I say? <grins>

Geeks, for the most part, are bigger on eating than cooking, so the way
to their little dark hearts, to get what you want, is to feed them.
Works every time. Ric