Re: F7 : rsync and merge hints to resolve lost packages?

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On 02/06/07, Skunk Worx wrote:
I see some packages failed to merge

Pardon? What does that mean [failed to merge]? The merge is complete.
What used to be "Fedora Core" and "Fedora Extras" now is called just
"Fedora".

"Failed to merge" in this context means a package was available in FC6, and is not in F7, without going to the net.

FC6 DVD has qt-devel-docs which is not on the F7 DVD.

alacarte alleyoop ddd doxygen doxygen-doxywizard graphviz tidy libtidy
minicom qt-devel-docs qt-qsa qt-qsa-devel

All these packages are included with Fedora 7 in the "Everything"
repository, which I believe is enabled by default after installation.

I understand now. I was under the impression that "merge" meant I could do away with hitting externals in KS scripts, etc. Now I know better.

In my case I have to rsync a local repo as all updates are blocked. I'll make a local "Everything" repo and that will take care of it.

Thanks,
SW