How to pass debug options to anaconda during install of F7

When installing Fedora 7 from the DVD, how do you pass
options to the anaconda script, such as --debug and so
forth?

When installing, my anaconda process is getting stuck in
a mode where it just chews up 100% of the CPU (for at
least 12 hours) when it gets to the part where it starts to
install the packages.  The system itself (kernel, etc) is
working fine (not locked up), but the anaconda process is
just not proceeding to do anything.  So I would like to debug
the anaconda process so I can figure out what's causing it to
get stuck.

I can get into the shell console.  Unfortunately F7's install
image doe not have many debugging tools, such as strace.
I could of course launch anaconda manually from the shell,
but as soon as I kill of the hung one, the /sbin/loader process
initiates a reboot.  The only thing I can think of is to do a
kill -STOP on the loader process, then kill off the hung
anaconda (and it's children).  But surely there's an easier
or more correct way that I'm just overlooking.

Also, from past experiences of playing with anaconda
with the --debug option (which puts you into Python
PDB), it is quite hard to use.  Regardless if I use the
-T (text) or -C (command line) mode, anaconda still
starts up a curses mode screen which makes interacting
with PDB nearly impossible because all the text gets
mangled.  Are there any hints about how best to debug it?

Thanks
Deron Meranda