How to burn Fedora DVDs to avoid readahead bug? (post-F7 update)

It appears that the F7 installer has been modified so that padding is no longer necessary for the discs to pass mediacheck. I tested this with my old unpadded sets of CDs for Fedora 2 through 5. On a machine with a DVD drive which is known vulnerable to the readahead bug, running the F7 installer, every one of these discs passes. Running the FC6 installer, or using the equivalent checkisomd5 from the anaconda-runtime package while running a fully updated FC6, at least half of the FC2 discs fail (these were the first I checked so I didn't check the others). The fact that old discs now pass means that the change is probably in the installer itself. It's unlikely that the readahead bug itself was fixed, though I can't confirm since the machine with the vulnerable DVD drive is still running FC6 (I was unable to install F7 on it). I'm guessing that since mkisofs by default adds enough padding when creating an ISO to protect the included files, mediacheck was modified so that instead of checking the entire ISO, it only checks the part which includes the actual files, not the mkisofs-added padding at the end. Can anyone confirm this?