Re: F7 install - both DVD and Live CD

Please. Mailing list netiquette dictates plain text only.

See the gibberish below?

<head>
</head>
I installed F7 on my file server (PIII 1GHz, 1.5GB RAM) with few minor
problems which were easily corrected. When it came to my P4 however it
seems to be a no go. This goes for the Live CD as well as the DVD.The
error messages I get are as follows:<br>
DVD<br>
(Anaconda:720): HtmlUtil-Critical**: HTML_Stream_Cancel: assertion
'strea-&gt;cancel_func! = NULL' failed&nbsp; Install exited abnormally
[1/1]<br>
Live CD:<br>
Bug: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual
address 00000043<br>
printing eip:<br>
c0405fbd<br>
*pde = 00000000<br>
recursive die() failure, output suppressed<br>
Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!<br>
Following reboot things just hung. I rebooted and&nbsp; I choose Run From
Ram option and got this message:<br>
Bug: Unable to handle drivers/usb/input/HID-CORE. C: usb_submit_urb
(CTRL) failed<br>
UFS: Busy inodes.on changed media.<br>
Thinking that the problem may have been with a USB peripheral, I
disconnected all USB&nbsp; items&nbsp; to no avail. <br>
I have an ASUS P4S800D-X MB with SIS 655FX chipset with an ATI 9550
Dual Head VIVO Video card - 256 MB memory onboard with dual monitors
and a P4 with HT at 2.8 GHz.. Drives installed are 2x DVD-RW, 2x
Samsung 80 GB SATA HD and a 320 GB Segate ATA 100 PATA HD. Memory is
1.5 GB PC 3200 RAM.<br>
I then went back to the DVD and attempted to install deselecting the
PATA drive. All went well until it got to Preparing for installation
and then it hung - I left it for 2 hours, but no change.<br>
This machine handled FC6 with no problems. Can anyone suggest something
I haven't tried??&nbsp; After 9 hours of&nbsp; attempts,&nbsp; my mind has
gone numb. <br>
TIA<br>
Jon<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--