F7 install - both DVD and Live CD

I installed F7 on my file server (PIII 1GHz, 1.5GB RAM) with few minor problems which were easily corrected. When it came to my P4 however it seems to be a no go. This goes for the Live CD as well as the DVD.The error messages I get are as follows:

DVD
(Anaconda:720): HtmlUtil-Critical**: HTML_Stream_Cancel: assertion 'strea->cancel_func! = NULL' failed  Install exited abnormally [1/1]

Live CD:
Bug: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000043
printing eip:
c0405fbd
*pde = 00000000
recursive die() failure, output suppressed
Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!

Following reboot things just hung. I rebooted and  I choose Run From Ram option and got this message:
Bug: Unable to handle drivers/usb/input/HID-CORE. C: usb_submit_urb (CTRL) failed
UFS: Busy inodes.on changed media.

Thinking that the problem may have been with a USB peripheral, I disconnected all USB  items  to no avail.

I have an ASUS P4S800D-X MB with SIS 655FX chipset with an ATI 9550 Dual Head VIVO Video card - 256 MB memory onboard with dual monitors and a P4 with HT at 2.8 GHz.. Drives installed are 2x DVD-RW, 2x Samsung 80 GB SATA HD and a 320 GB Segate ATA 100 PATA HD. Memory is 1.5 GB PC 3200 RAM.

I then went back to the DVD and attempted to install deselecting the PATA drive. All went well until it got to Preparing for installation and then it hung - I left it for 2 hours, but no change.

This machine handled FC6 with no problems. Can anyone suggest something I haven't tried??  After 9 hours of  attempts,  my mind has gone numb.
TIA

Jon
--
R. A. Jon Hamelin