Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

--- Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >
> > Rahul,
> >
> >   Also keep in mind that Fedora should not be
> > competing with Ubuntu.
>
> Did I ever say it has to? I am not the one doing the
> comparisons. Other
> folks are. All I am pointing is that not all
> packages are available in
> the media in the distribution that Fedora is being
> compared to and I
> think it's a valid point

No, you did not say that it has to.   However the
spins generated were attempted to compete with Ubuntu
+ Ubuntu Family.  This is why they are making the
comparisons.  It is a valid point, but why do you have
to cater to those individuals who want to have Ubuntu
stuff to have it on Fedora also?  There are many thing
that Fedora does not do that Ubuntu does and that is
why me and others on this list prefer Fedora.

It does look like competition and the one CD issue.

> > Fedora will always have its advantages and its
> > disadvantages versus any linux distribution.
>
> Sure.
>
>   The goal
> > here should not be to condemn/humiliate users when
> > they want something.
>
> Are you telling me that I did that?

No, this was a general statement in regard to the
others that have countered the users that want
multiple cd's.  It would be awesome that someone makes
this cd's and some providers/mirrors to host them so
that people can get them and go in in installing
Fedora and help back the community.

Regards,

Antonio