Re: Fedora 7 install: DISK failure consideration

At 7:40 PM -0700 6/2/07, Kam Leo wrote:
>On 6/2/07, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> >Where did you get that little factoid? Here's where I got mine:
>> >
>> >http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-lvm-intro.html
>>
>> You misunderstood it completely, and you're looking at the wrong page; the
>> correct page is
>>
>><http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-lvm2-intro-whatis.html>
>> .  That's because Fedora uses LVM2.  Or try the README that comes with
>> lvm2.  There's also a Wikipedia article on LVM.
>Take a good look at Figure 8.10 at
>http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-lvm-diskdruid-manual.html.
>The underlying file system is ext3.
>
>Here is another diagram so you can truly understand the structure behind LVM:
>http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/anatomy.html.

You are still wrong.  You misunderstand the text and the diagrams.  Your
"understanding" of LVM2 is entirely incorrect.  LVM2 is built on
device-mapper, not EXT-anything.  You should not give any more LVM advice.

For the benefit of others: do not take any LVM advice from Kam Leo, and be
careful with his other advice, as he advises as if an expert on many topics
he is only vaguely familiar with.