Re: Fedora 7

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

It is a serious weakness of Fedora, in my view,
that there is no proper attempt to get feedback on this issue.
(Bugzillas are only used by a tiny proportion of users.)
Since this is just guess work what would you consider a "proper" attempt
to get feedback on thousands of packages other than bugzilla,irc or
mailing lists?

It would be perfectly simple to have a feedback form
with a number of checkboxes,
eg "Did you have any problems installing?" [Yes or No],
If Yes, ask a small number of questions
to establish where the problem occured.
"Did you install KDE or Gnome?"
"Did you update or do a clean install?"

If it were slightly more sophisticated
the program could probably ascertain the computer in use.

We don't have the resources within Fedora yet to sort through the results of the survey on a ongoing basis. It it not a new idea and has been done before

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Surveys

Survey can show broad indications and are helpful on occasions but if you have a problem with a specific program like Anaconda bugzilla cannot be replaced by surveys.

Rahul