Re: Fedora 7

--- Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> >> It is a serious weakness of Fedora, in my view,
> >> that there is no proper attempt to get feedback
> on this issue.
> >> (Bugzillas are only used by a tiny proportion of
> users.)
> >
> > Since this is just guess work what would you
> consider a "proper" attempt
> > to get feedback on thousands of packages other
> than bugzilla,irc or
> > mailing lists?
>
> It would be perfectly simple to have a feedback form
> with a number of checkboxes,
> eg "Did you have any problems installing?" [Yes or
> No],
> If Yes, ask a small number of questions
> to establish where the problem occured.
> "Did you install KDE or Gnome?"
> "Did you update or do a clean install?"
>
> If it were slightly more sophisticated
> the program could probably ascertain the computer in
> use.
>

> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
> s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College,
> Dublin 2, Ireland
>
> --

This is a great idea.  But only one little ting, not
everybody wants to fill out questionaires.  These
questionaires would have to be optional and at the
user's discretion.

If the users decide to answer the survey/questionaire,
then they can express their feelings and share their
knowledge and how the programs can be improved for the
end users.

Regards,

Antonio

http://farechase.yahoo.com/