wireless radio question

Greetings;

I just installed the i386 F7 on an HP dv5120us, which has a broadcom 4318
radio in it.

According to dmesg, it was disabled at boot time.  bcm43xx_mac80211 and
friends are loaded according to lsmod.

I haven't yet went through the pain of mounting the ntfs partition to gain
access to the windows bcmwl* drivers, nor of installing fwcutter and
ndiswrapper.

However it seems to me that in order for any of this to work, the radio must
first be turned on, and none of the tools installed seem to have the ability
to turn it back on once the boot process has turned it off.  KwifiManager
only shows the disable option.  There is also a button under the led in the
hinge that controls it, but there is apparently no tally available to detect
if its enabled or not, and rebooting to find out seems to be a kludge, which
is what I had to do when FC5 was installed on this lappy.

So step #1 is turning it back on.  What tool is used, and how is this
accomplished?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)