Re: Another stellar release from the Fedora project

On 01Jun2007 23:58, Roo <oscosc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 16:36:52 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
| > Roo wrote:
| >> Working FC6 installation... I use upgrade DVD
[...]
| > Memory Memory Memory -- Did you read the release notes?  Do you have 512MB
| > to do a graphic install?
| Yes, I have 1.5Gb.
[...]
| > Please at least glance at the release notes before installing.
| Please try reading posts before you start lecturing on subjects you know
| little about.

I'll point out that the REASON he knows nothing about your system is that
YOU have provided no information. It you had described the hardware, and
listed your modules.conf and fstab, perhaps someone might provide
more... targetted help.

But by being an arsehole, you have lost the default good will you started
with. I, for one, will not be helping you beyond what I've just said. And my
FC7 seems to work just fine, though I used yum instead of the DVD.

There are plenty of other distros. Debian and gentoo seem to have the
most solid upgrade reputations; go use one of them.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose,
but queerer than we *can* suppose.
        - J.B.S. Haldane "On Being the Right Size"
          in the (1928) book "Possible Worlds"