Re: FC7 on small system

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:19:37 -0700, Kam Leo wrote:

On 6/1/07, Jan Welker <jan.welker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
He probably wants a long lived system, i.e. security updates. However,
for such a resource limited system my question is why not use Damn
Small Linux or BSD?

I never heard of Damn Small Linux.  A requirement that
I didn't mention is that the same httpd (and a few other)
configuration files used on my small system, must also
run on a larger FC7 system.  Would you still consider
Damn Small Linux in this case?.

Mike.

Without question, DSL is great and you can pretty much 'plug and chug' with it like any other linux system. I think DSL default to lighttpd, but I could be wrong.

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support