RE: New Mouse Install sans system-config-mouse

 > I would not be surprised.  I can imagine various factors are probably
> quite variable between different computer systems.  e.g.  Unshielded
> mice cables.  Crappy power supply from the PS/2 port to the mouse.
>
> Though it doesn't explain why the mouse went nuts with Linux
> but behaved
> perfectly for Windows, on all the same hardware.  It is a
> type of serial
> port, I wonder if the parameters get set properly?
>
> --

New Info:  (maybe I should have changed the subject, but that breaks the
            thread for me.)

My FC4 install on the test machine went OK. It claimed the new mouse
Was the same driver I was showing on my FC6 box.

Tried a new trick assuming that the KVM was remembering something
about the mouse and confusing the Linux box.

I powered down all the machines attached to the KVM so there were
no little red lights on the KVM.  Then let it sit for a few minutes.
Swapped the new mouse in and powered up the FC4 machine which was
loaded with the new mouse plugged directly in (now hooked to the KVM)
(Linksys KVM by the way).
Everything worked fine!

Powered up the FC6 machine and it now worked correctly.

Finally powered up the RH9 machine and it was good too.

I cannot say this would work every time, but it worked at
least once.  I suspect getting all the machines powered down
effectively power cycled the KVM and it requeried the mouse.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I hope this helps someone else.

Bob S
Phoenix AZ.