Re: FC6's module-init-tools broken?

It's simple to say when thinking individually...
I am trying to provide support to a PC maker tha bundles
20K PCs a month with this kind of modem and any additional
dollar of cost can cut my head off.
Winmodems are bad but they're cheap.

Isamar

2007/5/30, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 03:33 +0900, Isamar Maia wrote:
> Ok.. Looks like we have now a concrete cause for this problem.
> Any further reference about that? I have googled a lot and didn't find
> anything so far.
>
> BTW, I cannot upgrade my kernel now since there is a third party modem
> driver binary
> that only works with this kernel version.

If you can acquire an older DCHayes or US Robotics external modem, then
you won't need the driver, just a decent init string. Those WinModems
are a pain. I feel ya. Ric