Re: still having problems contacting the apache server

At 1:17 PM +0930 5/29/07, Tim wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 17:10 -0500, Scott Berry wrote:
>> No I am unfamiliar with Se Linux unfortunately and I am having a little
>> trouble here.  I followed Dan Walsh's steps to change the port and here is
>> what I have for an error I will also include the command I used to execute
>> the creation of the new port for se manage.  I also told apache to listen on
>> both ports 80 and 712 that's the only configuration changes I have made in
>> the httpd.conf file.
>>
>> [root@localhost ~]# semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 712
>> libsepol.context_from_record: MLS is enabled, but no MLS context found
>> libsepol.context_from_record: could not create context structure
>> libsepol.port_from_record: could not create port structure for range 712:712
>> (tcp)
>> libsepol.sepol_port_modify: could not load port range 712 - 712 (tcp)
>> libsemanage.dbase_policydb_modify: could not modify record value
>> libsemanage.semanage_base_merge_components: could not merge local
>> modifications into policy
>
>I tried that command on FC5 and FC6.  It did something without any
>complaints, and Apache works, too (on both ports).  I can't tell what's
>wrong with yours, I'm not that familiar with SELinux.  I don't even know
>what MLS stands for.

It is very unlikely that Scott Berry should have MLS policy enabled.  He
doesn't have it set up properly anyway.  He should probably use the
Targeted policy.  Set it in /etc/selinux/config.  Other changes can be made
with system-config-securitylevel.

Most SELinux qeustions should go to the fedora-selinux-list, though he
might want to read some of the documentation instead.