Re: YUM update dies with confict between poppler-utils andxpdf-utils

On 25/05/07, Julius Smith wrote:
For me in FC6, xpdf depends on both poppler-utils and xpdf-utils, and
I can find no way to avoid the conflict without going around yum.  The
measures mentioned in this thread do not work for me.  I always get:

Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/bin/pdftoppm conflicts between
attempted installs of poppler-utils-0.5.1-3.fc5 and
xpdf-utils-3.01-12.1
  file /usr/share/man/man1/pdftoppm.1.gz conflicts between attempted
installs of poppler-utils-0.5.1-3.fc5 and xpdf-utils-3.01-12.1

Are you sure this is FC6? Your error refers to fc5 packages. FC6 comes
with poppler-utils-0.5.4-5.fc6

I remember I've checked Fedora <= 6 for conflicts a couple of times
over the past months.

Make sure you enable the updates repository to really get the latest
released packages, including the latest from Extras.