Re: FC6 shutdown launcher missing

Beartooth wrote on Wed, May 23 2007 at 15:51 (+0000):
> How can I get [the shutdown launcher] back? Having to become root
> and command "shutdown -h now" is a tedious drag -- and worse, if I
> happen to be trying to get it done while my UPS staves off a power
> failure.

I don't know about your shutdown launcher (as my FC6 does not seem to
have one, neither), but there is the 'poweroff' program, with which a
regular user can shutdown the system.  You can add a launcher that
just starts poweroff (maybe after asking for confirmation with
xmessage or similar).

Andreas.

--
http://www.lysium.de/blog