Help with Samba

Hi Folks. I'm trying to setup Samba and having a bit of a problem... However, I'm not sure if it's a Samba issue, or NFS issue. The setup is as follows:

   Server 1  --> exports /storage/ftpusers
In that folder, there are numerous user folders that are owned by each specific user.

   Server 2  --> nfs mounts server1:/storage/ftpusers as /mnt/ftpusers
At the same time, it also has /mnt/ftpusers setup to be shared through Samba as follows:

   [ftpusers]
      comment = Client FTP
browseable = yes writable = yes
      path = /mnt/ftpusers
      guest ok = yes
public = yes read only = no

   Server 3 (which is a windows box) will then get onto //server2/ftpusers

The problem I'm having is that I can't write anything inside any of the user folders that's within /ftpusers from the windows box. My guess is because the WniBox accesses it as a guest user, where the folder are owned by real users. I need to be able to do this so we can place files for our clients into their respective folders (from within our network - hence the convoluted way of doing things.)

   Suggestions?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130