Re: Where Fedora Went Wrong (nice conclusion)

> G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
>
> > I'd like to disagree with Rahul's harsh tone here.
>
> Harsh? There isn't a single harsh thing in there that I can spot out.
> Can anybody?
>
> > Contributing takes many forms, and even the complaints are sometimes useful.
> >
> > I take the time to test installing packages and their interactions, even if
> > I don't use some packages.  I like doing installs and I have the time to do them.
> > I'm no longer a good programmer, but I have the ability to read thru anaconda
> > and other things and make suggestions. I have the time to file bugzilla tickets
> > and respond to them.  That is my contribution, as minimal as it may seem.
>
> Bugzilla reports are very *useful* form of complaints (which are more of
> constructive feedback to the right people) but that doesn't even have a
> representation in threads like these usually. My problem is not even
> that people are complaining. It is that people are complaining in places
> where nobody who can fix the issues are involved.

Well, that does bring up the old saw, number one bugzilla sucks for the
un-initiated (and from what was posted earlier we're stuck with it) and
two, it's been a running dispute as to if one should ask here first THEN
post a bugzilla or go straight to bugzilla.

Me, I prefer to ask here first, just to make sure I'm not posting a
stupid bugzilla report as opposed to an ignorant one. If I knew all the
answers then I wouldn't be ignorant and need to file a bugzilla. So,
like any invertebrate, I turn from pain. Looking stupid is painful.So, I
ask questions here before taking up the precious time of a developer.
That's my logic flow and I see the same behavior in others on this list,
so I'm not alone. It's not a major sin, Rahul... but I've seen you get
short with others doing this. Please consider my perspective. Ric