Re: Where Fedora Went Wrong (nice conclusion)

Mauriat M wrote:
On 5/15/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can choose to help.

Must I contribute to expect a somewhat stable and useful general
purpose operating system?

-Mauriat

I would say yes. One example would be the issue regarding extra printer entries being pulled in by HAL. If we work around the problem and do not report it to the package maintainer/developers, the bug never gets attention to be corrected.

This workaround instead of reporting the problems is most likely because most have some experience with proprietary OS systems and old habits are hard to interrupt from. Fedora is freely available software so freely submitting problems you notice will help clean up the product.

Regarding Fedora and its direction. I see the distribution changing for the better in reliability and with ease in getting new programs installed and configured. I run FC6 and development and feel the reliability of development is not as rocky a road as it once was from RHL to FC timespan.

Jim
--
Your analyst has you mixed up with another patient.  Don't believe a
thing he tells you.