Re: OT: hardware problems

On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 10:38 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> I have an HP PSC 1510 All-In-One. It's worked just fine until a week
> ago. Then it wouldn't scan and I got all aggravated. After re-booting,
> using smart to check all of my installed rpms and pouring over the
> docs with terminal windows opened all over the desktop, when I opened
> the lid and re-positioned the document, it lit up and scanned.
>
> Opening the damn lid to the scanner. Who would have thought? :) Ric

Faulty lids and covers are the bane of any serviceman.  We've all
encountered some device that needs the cover taking off and replacing,
or taking off and leaving it off, to make the device work.  Often for no
good reason.

It's right up their with equipment that has one too many, or one too few
screws.  The second being more of a worry, wondering where it fell, or
what you put one into that doesn't own one.

If Microsoft built a car, you'd have to drive it with the bonnet
unfastened.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.