Re: Intel Pro Wireless 3945

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 16:01 -0600, Anthony Joseph Seward wrote:

> > >   I am writing this in great distress. I have now been trying for
> > > weeks to get my Intel Pro Wireless 3945 working on my Dell Latitude
> > > 820 under Fedora. I tried Fedora Cora 6 and Fedora 7 Test 4.

<snip>
> > I haven't tried the solutions listed yet. I did try some stuff a while
> > back (HP laptop, but same wireless card - 3945B).  SuSE Desktop
> > Enterprise (and probably OpenSuSE - didn't try) recognized it no
> > problem and it worked fine.  But I am too set in my ways with FC and
> > that's what I use at work on one of my machines so re-installed FC (7
> > Test 3, as well as trying 6).  No luck.  Haven't had the time/patience
> > to trouble shoot so hoping final of FC7 will configure automatically.
> > Until then I dual boot into XP if I need wireless.  Actually right now
> > I can't seem to get FC6 to properly install (clean install).  It did
> > once and then I tried FC7 T3 and since retrying FC6 as clean install
> > it just doesn't seem to want to work (hangs on boot - where I forget -
> > again hoping FC7 final release will take care of things).
<snip...>
> On an HP dv6000 with ipw 3945 I use freshrpms because I prefer the
> dkms
> packages.  Works like a charm on FC6.
>
> Tony

I have a D820 running F7T4 and the Freshrpms packages also work with it
with no issues at all. You can find good instructions on installing them
(while keeping Freshrpms from being enabled by default) at:

http://fedoramobile.org

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you are calm while all around you is chaos,

--Unknown