Re: Adobe woes

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 22:24 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
On Thu May 10 2007, Les wrote:
>  Ladies and Gentlemen,
>     I downloaded the Adobe reader RPM and attempted to install it.  Not
> only does Reader not work, but it seems to have broken Evince.  Moreover
> I cannot see how to remove Adobe Reader.
>
>     Any pointers anyone?

This is one to google - I recall an issue with Adobe Reader that had to be
resolved by a small edit in one of the scripts it installs.

As regards Evince, no idea - both Reader and Evince are working on this FC6
machine on which I'm typing

I did google it, but I was googling for how to remove it.  Frank Cox provided the link to a patch to the Adobe script, and when implemented it works.  Kudos to you for responding, and to Frank for looking past my myopia and pointing out the right solution.

Regards,
Les H