Re: Printer lockup (FC4)

On 5/9/07, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I sent a large print job to my file/print server, but unfortunately I had a
paper jam after page 1.  Since then I have not been able to print anything to
that printer.  The localhost:631 interface shows the printer as stopped, but
I am not allowed to re-start it, despite the fact that I entered root's
password.

Is there any way out of this, or will I have to remove the printer and
re-install it?

Is the switch on the paper-jam door switching properly? Maybe it broke
or the door is not closed properly and is keeping the printer in an
offline state ... no amount of cups reconfiguration will make it print
if that is the case :]

/Mike