Re: nVidia drivers and TV-OUT

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu writes:

Unfortunately, I don't, and I've given up on it anyway.  I'm not going
to bother since I'll be getting a new laptop in a year or so.  I can
live without the 3D desktop effects.

This is your golden opportunity to get rid of this headache, once and for all. Be sure to buy a laptop with an Intel or ATI chipset that's supported by Mesa, and have everything working out of the box. I don't see why anyone who'se in the market for a laptop with Linux would want to put up with this annoyance, in this day and age.