Re: caching-nameserver -

Tim wrote:
What's this "new" address?  One recently registered?  The company is
right that some things will take a while to trickle through.  Some DNS
servers cache things longer than they should, including "no answer"
results.  And if your query goes through them in the middle, it's a
while before you get the right answers.

If you want to check sooner, you can do a dig query against the name
server actually hosting the records.  That should work straight away,
unless they're slack and not enterred the data.

e.g. dig example.com @a.iana-servers.net

My daughter finished the new web page and transferred service to a new host. There was some confusion when it would display on this computer with it's different dns than on the three others we tried and it took me a while to realize she was talking about a dns problem.

She questioned the hosting company and they pointed out to her that the numerical address should work, then I understood, should have tried that myself but wasn't thinking clearly, if at all?

The result of her effort is at http://finepianoservices.com/index.html should you be interested. It took nearly 48 hours to show up on the other computers using the Wildblue dns.

Bob Goodwin