Re: caching-nameserver -

Tim:
>> What's this "new" address?  One recently registered?  The company is
>> right that some things will take a while to trickle through.

Bob Goodwin:
> My daughter finished the new web page and transferred service to a new
> host.  There was some confusion when it would display on this computer
> with it's different dns than on the three others we tried and it took me
> a while to realize she was talking about a dns problem.
>
> She questioned the hosting company and they pointed out to her that the
> numerical address should work, then I understood, should have tried that
> myself but wasn't thinking clearly, if at all?

That'll only work if the IP isn't used as a host for many different
websites, that are only distinguished by the hostname in your connection
attempt (named-based virtual hosting).  In your case, it does appear to
work.  So either you've got your very own IP (most likely), or yours is
the default for a virtual host carrying many (very unlikely).

> The result of her effort is at http://finepianoservices.com/index.html
> should you be interested.  It took nearly 48 hours to show up on the
> other computers using the Wildblue dns.

Most people use their ISP's DNS server, and it can add propagation
delays.  If you run your own, it should go directly to the authoritative
source, and get the most current address (as long as whatever's it's
currently been cached for it hasn't yet expired).

It's working here.  I saw a few nifty animations.  I got a bit a
surprise by one link opening a new browser (the restoration gallery),
which probably not a good idea for a framed site (even a psuedo framed
site).  That's probably as far as I should go critiquing something, I
could probably pick any site to death.

But, otherwise, interesting to look at.  It's been years since I played
the piano, it hurts the fingers too much.  These days I stick to playing
the organ, the keyboard requires less effort to play, it's much easier
on the joints.  And I can maintain the electronics, myself (up to a
point).  ;-)

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.