Re: core 6 issues

On Friday 27 April 2007 23:18, JJ JJ wrote:
> Thank you for the clarifications, Nigel. Here's a list of what I got
> running the command:
<snip of dmesg | grep acpi output>
> this problem itself is not a really big deal, the only issue is that I have
> to be present until the very end of the shutdown sequence, since I can't
> leave the rig unattended.
> Oh, well....

Hmmm. I've never used dmesg | grep acpi before. My! That's some output, and
it's way beyond my understanding. Normally I just use the dmesg command, and
can make some sort of sense from the output from that.

I'll throw that back to Aaron to interpret that, as he suggested it.

If you just run dmesg, and scroll down a bit you should see references to
acpi, along with some suggestions as there are problems with it. If you can
post the relevant acpi bits from that it might be helpfull.

A kindly tip. Can you post your replies at the bottom of the previous posting,
as it makes it much easier to follow the thread. Any irrelevant stuff from
the previous post can be snipped. For example, I've just snipped the output
of dmesg | grep acpi from this reply, as it is easily seen on the previous
post. Of course you don't want to snip so much, that you lose the context,
and your reply no longer makes any sense to someone just seeing the thread
for the first time.

I see many one liner replies, and often have no idea what the reply is
referencing.

01:04 now in Northern France. 4 beers down, feeling tired, and going upstairs
to share a yogourt with my dog before going to bed.

Nigel.