Re: whats with this love of kaffiene?

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 24 April 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 23 April 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 23 April 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
2 or 3 weeks ago I had mplayer all setup to play just about anything I
clicked on in FF and in kmail.

But something recently has shot that puppy dead and replaced it with
kaffiene. And since kaffiene doesn't seem to recognize most of the .wmv
etc proprietary format files that might get thrown at it, it winds up
being about as usefull as those small appendages on the belly of a boar
hog.
If you have
xine-lib-extras-nonfree (from livna)
installed, it'll be closer in functionality to mplayer.
I don't have a livna available in smart-gui.  How can I enable that?
Besides that, just how DO you make xine do anything usefull???  It never
has yet other than play a video cd/dvd IF the disk was in the right
format.
It does/will (for me it does anyway), provided you have libdvdcss installed.

It is, 1.2.9-4-lvn6-i386, has been all along.

Dunno, worksforme, though ymmv.

-- Rex