Re: BIND Woes

Again Thanks Rick,

That did the trick.  The gui version set up the .conf file slightly differently.

I can go to /var/log/messages and see the service starting and the notifies being transmitted for the zone.

nslookup from within the server resolves the FQDN no problem.

My SOA and A records are not propagating properly but thats a problem between me and Network Solutions.

Again Thanks much.

Mike Dwiggins

Mike Dwiggins wrote:
Thanks Rick,

What is driving me nuts is that I have a RHEL 4 ES box running right beside the FC 6 box.

The RHEL is functioning quite well, as a point of fact it is the server that this mail application is running on.

What the difference in RHEL 4 and FC 6 that a nameserver works perfectly on one and not at all on the other with the same bind setup is frustrating beyond belief.

Thank God I have never run into this with the Cisco stuff I normally work with.

I am just so fed up with Microsoft at work and wiith their support attitude that making FC 6 work has become something of a crusade with me.

Again Thanks

Mike Dwiggins