Re: [Fedora] Re: Capture OOPS

Robin Laing wrote:
Is nothing showing up in the logs?  How about a crash file?
Nothing, nada, zip. One of the guys did tell me that there's an OOPS on screen, but that's it. And since they can't figure out what the OOPS says or is, that's where it ends for me.

As others stated, I would arrange my schedule to come in when this occurs. Hey, if you can get overtime, all the better for the pocket book. :)
I'm getting overtime for spending the whole day at the office yesterday, Sunday. :) But, now here's my headache... I yanked the trouble machine out and put another one in its place. Initially I was going to ru nmemtest on the trouble machine over night, but instead I left it running, hoping I'd see something this morning. I'm sure you can guess what I'm about to say next: no crash. (and the one I put in its place is running just fine.)

This tells me ... uh, zippity doodaa really. Why would it only crash, consistently every day at 6:30 in the morning, but when I yank it out of service and leave it alone, it doesn't do that. Something's amiss. I need to go through the cron jobs to see if there's anything that runs at that time, see if maybe something's getting caught up and causing a freeze... Blah.

   -- A

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130