Re: OT Action Computer games

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 02:21 +0100, Steve Searle wrote:
> I'll no doubt attract the odd flame, but to be honest in these
> circumstances I think he would be better with a MS Windows PC.  The
> games that his peers will be playing, and that he will probably want
> to play are just not available for GNU/Linux.

I'd go a bit further:  Unless you actually wanted to play some specific
Windows games, you're better off with a games box rather than a PC.  You
don't have to worry about hard ware compatibility, installation
headaches, viruses, trojans, etc., it just (generally) works.

Not to mention that if you like to take a box around to a mates place to
play network games, one simple console box is easier to lug about than
PC, plus keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers...

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.