OT Action Computer games

My sister is in the process of buying a new computer for her 15 year old son. She would prefer to follow my advice and use a Linux operating system, the catch is there does not seem to be many games for Linux that would hold a typical 15 year olds attention. The option of an emulator such as wine is out as the games I have tried to install under wine require additional setup or work that neither my sister nor my nephew wish to learn. The option to do the work for her is out as she lives a days drive away from me, and frankly driving a day to install some game even if I do have opportunity to visit with my sister is just not worth the effort very often. Is there a source of a selection of games available for Linux? The tetrex/ solitaire style games just don't have the type of action a kid expects.