Re: am I hacked?

peter kostov escribió:

I have logwatch installed, but I didn't know about it. Thanks for pointing it out!

Configure it and make it run. It helps alot!

On the other machine in my local network there is one 'bad' binary reported by rkhunter - wget. This second computer accesses the Internet through the one we are discussing. It is also running FC5 with yum, although the installation isn't exactly the same.

I personally see it very hard for an updated Linux system (any distribution that has updates of security issues) to get hacked. Normally you will see hacked servers due to outdated sshd or apache (but specially sshd), but not in an up2date system.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA