Re: am I hacked?

Martin Marques wrote:
peter kostov wrote:
Hello,

I was not reading my system logs regularly (that's bad!). Today I noticed the following:

Install logwatch.

[snip]

In the logs I found exactly the same results since one month ago.

Does that mean I have been hacked and all those binaries are replaced?
The secure logs are full with unaccepted ssh connections. The only successful connections for this period are from a known IP, but unfortunately I have no older logs.

Doesn't look like that. Any way, I didn't read in all your mail witch version of FC you were running, and if you have upgrades up2date.
I am running FC5 with yum enabled.

I wouldn't worry so much. But get logwatch running right away.

I have logwatch installed, but I didn't know about it. Thanks for pointing it out!

On the other machine in my local network there is one 'bad' binary reported by rkhunter - wget. This second computer accesses the Internet through the one we are discussing. It is also running FC5 with yum, although the installation isn't exactly the same.

Peter