Re: Konqueror crashes in fc6, what do I do?

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 11:03 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Don't you just hate it when you are staring at a blank page, with a
> status line that says 'Loaded 7 of 128 images'?

Yes.  And it's a fair bet that it's full of hundred kilobyte files, and
ever a few mega byte ones that get the browser to rescale them down to
just 200 pixels.

> Some web designers should be hung, drawn and quartered :-)

Too true.

Currently I'm rather peeved at my webhost, though.  They've done
something without informing me, and my website stopped working properly
(no SSI nor CGI).  I sent them a note and they half fixed something, but
broke something else.  I spent 20 minutes chmoding every HTML file, bar
two, on the webserver, to get things running again.

I'm guessing they swapped some hardware and badly copied files over, or
did something similar with a bad backup.  Grrzzz, sodding idiots, you
don't presume that all files on a web server are rw-,r--,r--.  You
restore files with the permissions that they used to have.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.