Re: puplet / yum-updatesd

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 15:38 +1000, Danny Yee wrote:
> yum-updatesd hasn't ever worked for me -- it neither installs updates
> nor sends notifications about new ones -- and I've tried it on six
> different machines.

It's a bit worse than that for me. When configured to automatically
install updates, it starts eating RAM until it is stopped or restarted.
I've seen it using several hundred megs, I don't know how high it would
go if allowed to. It also prevents me from running yum. yum tells me
that it is already running; the PID pointed to by the lock file is for
yum-updatesd.

>So I'm using the old cron job to keep my systems up to date.

Me too.