RE: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

I'm not saying that Windows by any means are safer than other OS, but its
not more un-safe either.
Obviously since there is more systems out there, compared to Linux, there
ought to be more problem's.

What I'm saying that any-one that runs an unprotected computer despite all
media coverage is stupid, he or she cannot blame the OS if he or she opens a
virusinfected mail.
The same goes for installing software that in best case is unstable and in
worst case.....
People seems to blame everything on the OS, when they buy some cheap noname
addon-cards with drivers that makes an havoc in the system.

Obviously that does not happen in the LINUX world, basically because those
no-name manufacturers does not target the linux community and subsequently
there is no drivers, and you don't install it, hence no problems.

Obviously there must be flaws in any OS/SW even Linux, as an example my
FC4-server was rooted, due to a flaw in php/MySQL.

I ended up with a complete re-install, if it was a windows-system, first of
all, it wouldn't probably happen, since my AW would have taken care of it,
plus the fact that I would have managed to remove it without re-installing,
So in a sence Linux is far much more complicated to restore, compared to
Windows XP.

With best regards

Tomas Larsson
Sweden