RE: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

I have never bought any box pre-installed except laptops.
I always by my boxes as parts, assembling them myself.

I never use OEM-SW neither on XP nor W2K.
The latest laptop I got, was pre-installed with XP-Home, I ditched that,
reformated the drive and installed XP-PRO.
Furthermore I don't use any SW-firewalls, except on the laptop I carry with
me, since I connect up wherever i find a WiFi spot avaible.

I have never been infected with virus, when connecting to the net for the
first updates, not even when using one of the original pre-SP1 CD's. Not
even running in front of my firewall.
Yes I use a firewall, before it was an old AMD-K6 with RH9, now it is an
P2-400 with FC5, using gShield script.
I have never used a dedicated firewall, probably by habit, since they were
so expensive onece upon a time, and a scrap P1-160 with RH7/9 was a cheaper
solution.

So I simly don't buy that you get infected first time you are connected.

With best regards

Tomas Larsson
Sweden
http://www.tlec.se