Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

--- Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue April 17 2007, Tim wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 16:22 -0500, Les Mikesell
> wrote:
> > > there are three methods known to fix windows
> problems and you always
> > > try them in this order: (1) reboot, (2),
> reinstall windows, (3)
> > > reformat.
> >
> > The three "r"s..., though you're missing the
> fourth one:  repeat...
>
> Not my experience at all. I manage around 50-100
> machines depending on the
> time of year and trade winds - been doing it for ten
> years. I've reinstalled
> Windows less than 5 times - I've done a fair share
> of repairs, many more than
> re-installs, but that saves all the settings and
> data. There are lots of good
> reasons to not like Windows, but it gets downright
> silly sometimes on these
> lists...
>
> --
> Claude Jones
> Brunswick, MD, USA
>
> --

As Claude mentions it is not that bad, but the bad
side still gives trouble that is to windows users.

Not to defend Windows here, but the other guys,
spammers, advertisers, Virus writers, etc are the ones
that make Windows give its users trouble.  They get
ahold of the system and make it into a zombie machine.
 Finding those trackers/viruses/trojan horses is where
the fun begins.  Sometimes they are too many that the
last resort is to reinstall it and cycle through the
process again like Tim says.

Regards,

Antonio