Re: Trying to get wireless card to work in FC6

Mike C <mike.cohler <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I do believe that there must be driver bugs related to this card for the newer
> kernels...  I have put a ticket into the madwifi site at
> http://madwifi.org/ticket/1253
> and hopefully there will be some progress - however I have hit the buffers on
> this one at present.

Having been unable to get the madwifi driver to work with the current kernel
(2.6.20-1.2933.fc6) I decided to take a different tack altogether and got an
Edimax usb wireless dongle from a UK supplier.  Although it took me a while to
get it going I finally managed to get a solid wireless connection with WEP
encryption using todays CVS rt74 driver. I have prepared a web page with the
details at http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~mdc1/edimax_wireless.html

Perhaps I will try to get madwifi working again in the future but at present at
least I have a working wireless now.

Mike