Re: lvm question

> And, although I initialized it, the total size of that volume is still
> shown
> as 149GB, when it should now be about 186GB.  Maybe it takes a reboot?  I
> dunno.

Go for the reboot.  If still no joy, try running pvscan and see where all
your volumes are allocated.  vgdisplay might also be of some value.
vgscan to see if there are any lingering volume groups that you were not
expecting?

I'm not sure a merge is what should have been done.  Seems like an extend
would have made more sense.  I don't trust the graphical tools so I do it
all from the command line.

believed to be clean.