Re: Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 07:38:01AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> And unfortunately, even though I suspect that many people would very
>> much like a legal distribution based on Linux that could include all the
>> parts necessary to be a viable competitor to Microsoft, the GPL will
>> always prevent it from happening.
>
> That's a funny place to put the blame.

Les has this strange idea that you can only use the software that
comes with a Linux distribution, and can not add software you get
other places. I guess he has never seen any of the software for sale
that runs on Linux.

Does a Linux distribution have to include every piece of software
that you would ever need to be successful? It looks like M$ is
working to get things so that you have to buy all your software from
them, but I would hate to see Linux distributions go that way.

I would love to see all software available for free, but I don't
expect to see it happen tomorrow...

Mikkel